Saturday, August 6, 2011

Northwestern Wisconsin

Hi,
  Our first stop in Wisconsin was Bayfield, on the northern tip of Lake Superior.



This quaint fishing village is right out of a Currier and Ives print and we had a great time there.





Mom and Dad took a sailing trip around the Apostle Islands.




















Dad even got to steer the boat. I was still under the weather, so I stayed on shore.
 
 One night they went to the local hangout, Maggie's for a traditional whitefish dinner

















Dad took the next pic for his biking buddies

 Many thanks to those of you who emailed mom to express their concern for my heath. I finally had to go to a vet, who took lots of blood from me, boy did I scream! After lots of tests ( and $$$),  found out nothing was seriously wrong. But I did hear the vet tell mom that she had to stop feeding me my human nummies, and stick to the dog food - darn!! Then to top it off the vet talked them into having my teeth cleaned, no fun either, but boy do I have a beautiful smile!


Our next stop was in Eagle River, which lies along a chain of 28 lakes following the Eagle River, considered the longest interlinked chain of fresh water lakes in the world! Everywhere I looked there were lakes.
Dad went fishing on one of the lakes and caught about 14 large mouth bass. Luckily for the fish, he threw them back in the lake after he took their picture.


































 
No, they aren't all the same ones!  He sure looks happy, doesn't he?

 That's all for now, next stop is Door County, WI.


Adios,
Yuki

No comments:

Post a Comment