Saturday, March 27, 2010

83rd International RV Rally

Greetings from Albuquerque, New Mexico!

We are at a BIG RV Rally-hundreds of RVs from all over the US - even some from Canada. We are all parked at the Balloon Festiva Park on the grass.Look at the rows of  motor coaches, ours is the brown one next to our red Honda Element. Mom and I sat outside in the sun to relax!










Mom always told me I was "one in a million" - but here  I found out that I am a "dime a dozen". I have never seen so many white dogs that look like me in my whole life. The RV to the left of us had 3 little white dogs, Bishons,  I especially like the girls Chloe and Bella. The RV to the right had  2 white Cockapoos. Harley kept trying to get his way with me! Then on my walks I saw many more - amazing! Can you spot me in these pictures?



We were here for six nights - had time to see some of the sights and enjoy some of the New Mexican cuisine. Mom brought me a few nibbles from her meals.


For 3 days  Mom and Dad went to seminars to learn more about RVs, Dad went to the ones about maintenance of engines, batteries, and lots of technical stuff.  Mom went to cleaning, toilet sanitation and microwave convention cooking classes - sounds sort of sexist to me.   Dad took a 6 hour driving safety seminar - sure hope he uses what he learned! Mom said it reminded her of being back at work and attending conferences, the only  difference was the average age of the attendees was about 70+. Dad met lots of guys who have been rving for a long time and he learned a lot from them.

Thursday morning Dad got up to take me for my morning and there were lots of  balloons getting ready to take off.


When they fired up there was a loud noise that almost scared me to death. I was shaking so much as I watched the balloons go up into the air that dad had to hold me, then I ran back to the RV with my tail between my legs and jumped into the sofa with mom.



We left Friday morning heading to Little Rock, AK - if all goes well we will spend one night in Amarillo, Tx, the next night in Oklahoma City and get to Little Rock by Sunday,

Adios,
Yuki

1 comment:

  1. Wow Yuki, I loved reading about the RV rally and seeing those hot air balloons. How fun to meet all those dogs. I had a little bit of trouble finding you in the mix. My mom is chomping at the bit to get our RV out and on the road! Right now, I am a bit out of comission, I have a torn ligament in my right knee and will probably have to have surgery soon. I had xrays yesterday and saw a special Dr. then my moms talked to JC last nite about everything. I still get around ok, just on 3 legs!!! I can't wait to read about your next destination. Tell your mom and dad hi for me. Katie ( and Vonnie)

    ReplyDelete