Thursday, March 22, 2018

Mississippi Bound


Greetings Friends,

I have been a bit remiss in starting this blog of our 2018 spring trip. My bother Brody looks so much bigger than me, but it's only an optical illusion. I want to make it perfectly clear, I am still the primary author of this blog!! Check me out,  I'm the one in the driver's seat, Brody is clearly the passenger (to see me you may have to make the picture bigger). But I did make one concession and added his name to the title of my blog.


We left home on Feb 28 heading for our friend's home in Oxford, Mississippi. It took us six days ( actually five but we spent an extra night in one of our favorite spots, Little Rock Arkansas).  We can park our RV right on the river overlooking Little Rock.
Dad was excited to visit the several new breweries in town since the last time we were here. His favorite was the Lost Forty!
While in town we visited the original state capitol.
They had a great exhibit there of homemade guitars by Ed Stilley.

Then we drove to see the current capitol building.
The next day we got to our friend's, Jerry and Charlie's home in Oxford Mississippi. We can park our RV in their backyard! We got to go and see their granddaughter, Anne Gates riding her new horse, Ollie.
The next day was mom's birthday and they surprised her with a party in their friend's airport hanger.  Lots of fun!



After Oxford, we went with our friends to the Monaco International Rally in Moultrie, Georgia, lots of eating and dancing.

After Moultrie, we went to Cedar Key, Flordia. One day we drove to the home of Marjorie Rawlings, the author of many books, the most famous being The Yearling.  She moved from New York to this remote area of Florida to pursue her writing. The grounds were beautiful.


Brody and I had to stay outside while they toured the house  and saw the actual typewriter she used to write her books.
We didn't mind missing the house tour as there were too many chickens to try and catch!

From Cedar Key we went to a swanky RV resort in Gulf Shores, Alabama.  Check out the views, water fountains and all! 




But my favorite part was the dog park. It was huge! We got to run and run. 

We went for a picnic, but it was a bit too cold and windy so we ate fast! 

One the way home we stopped to watch a fisherman catch mullet.
Later that day I spied a pelican so I mosied on over to get a closer look.















Imagine my surprise when he turned and looked right at me!


Next stop will be Biloxi Mississippi.
Adios,
Yuki and Brody







5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great adventure Yuki!!! Give mom and dad some hugs from Valentin and Matteo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so wonderful that you both and your parents get to adventure so many interesting and historical places in the USS and get to share with us. Thank you love reading it,and the photos
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuki it's big of you to share your blog with Brody your younger brother.
    Were you strong armed into doing so?

    Enjoy the adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuki, you always have such lovely adventures! Love your commentary and the photos, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, for got to say my mom wrote this. Xoxo Katie

      Delete