Monday, July 8, 2013

Yuki loves Denali!


Hi,
Just sitting here waiting until I can see  Mt. McKinley  behind the clouds, hoping to get lucky...


and I must have been a very good boy. I waited all night, I just knew it was there...



and the next day, there it was, Denali in all of its glory!





We had to have a special permit to drive our RV 29 miles into Denali National Park to the Teklanika Campground.



We had a nice campsite














and there is Mom is waiting for the ranger talk.



One day mom and dad left me in the RV for 9 hours while they took the shuttle bus to Wonder Lake.

 Bet you are wondering how I held it so long, but I did!



Beautiful lake but there were loads of mosquitoes!!!

Along the way they saw lots of wildlife,  but dad only got good pics of a few of them.

















Check out the grizzly!















During the days we would hike on the riverbed 



and just enjoy the views






After leaving Denali we went to a small town, Talkeetna


a very small town, but home to Denali Brewing Company, so dad was happy. Talkeetna is where most of the flightseeing tours to Denali take off. Dad was interested in one of the float plane trips, 

but mom put the nix on that as I was't allowed to go too ( or at least that is what she said to dad)

Next stop, Anchorage!
Adios, 
Yuki




No comments:

Post a Comment