Thursday, June 23, 2011

Arn't They Grand!!



Greetings from Grand Teton National Park!! ( and Yellowstone too)

I wanted a great cover shot, without my leash, but mom wouldn't take it off - maybe she thought I would fall!

We arrived here to light rain and cloudy skies. But we woke up the next day to light clouds and sun - such majestic views.  We had a great campsite in the park, Gros Ventre (pronounced Grow Vont). We had views of the Teton's from our RV and I had a great time checking out all the holes in the ground for chipmunks. Mom didn't know I was such a mighty hunter. Imagine my surprise when I stuck my nose down a hole and a chipmunk jumped out, stood right in front of me on his hind legs, screeching and waving his paws, guess I woke him up!



The next morning we got up and headed off to see the sights - starting with the scenic Mormon row.






















Mom and Dad walked around Jenny Lake one day.

 
I kept hanging my head out the window to make sure I saw all the sights ( and smells). Throughout both parks I was so lucky to see so many wild animals.



Moose dad saw on his walk in the woods

Harlequin Duck


And another lying down with her baby
 We were really luck to see Pronghorn


 And even luckier to see a grizzly through the trees, we even saw a mom with her 2 cubs, but haven't downloaded those pics yet.




And, of course I saved the best for last - I am not photoshopped in! But I must admit I was too scared to actually look at them.




Most of the days we were in Yellowstone, it was cloudy and cold, but there was one nice morning so we headed to The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone.






Mom and Dad walked down Uncle Tom's Trail, a steep trail that leads to over 500 foot staircase leading to the base of the falls. Both of them tried not to look down as they were descending, and the view from the bottom was well worth the stairmaster workout to get back to the top




There were so many more pics to choose from, I think you get the idea. We are having a great time. We are now in Cody, Wyoming, hope to go to a rodeo tonight. 
Adios, Yuki


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Yuki,

    Please tell your mom and dad that with my new eye (I just had cataract surgery) the Tetons and Yellowstone almost look better in their pictures than they did when Carolyn and I were there in person last September! Of course, we didn't have the advantage of your presence in our shots, so that makes a difference too!

    Glad you're having a great time...we look forward to hearing all about it when you get home.

    Harvey and Carolyn

    ReplyDelete